Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tiny Turkey Dinners

I've been pretty proud of some of my kitchen accomplishments, but I gotta say I'm ridiculously proud of these: Tiny Turkey Dinner Cupcakes! Check out the turkey with gravy, peas, mashed potatoes with butter, and cranberry sauce:

Aaaaa!!! They're so cute I can hardly stand it! As I've said before, I am weirdly fascinated by food that unexpectedly resembles other food...if this doesn't fit the bill I don't know what does!

These were a lot easier and less complicated than they look, too, once I got started. In fact I was only planning to do a couple for pictures but I got on such a roll I looked down and had a dozen before I knew it!

Too bad the kids aren't here to enjoy them (or to have helped, as they love to do). :(

Still, these were so fun and easy, we just might have to do them again...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those are darling. How did you do that??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy-peasy! The turkey is sliced Brach's "Maple Nut Goodies" candy, the peas are nonpareils I dyed with green food coloring, the cranberry sauce is red sugar, and the mashed potatoes and butter is just more frosting. Sooooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and the turkey has melted chocolate chip "gravy" too!

    ReplyDelete