Monday, November 8, 2010

Knitting is Fun!

I gave my stepdaughter this "knitting" machine a while back, and she loves that thing:
(photo from Amazon.com)

Unfortunately it just didn't do much besides tubes...before long we had more tube-shaped "scarves" of pretty thread than we knew what to do with. She loves sewing stuff and picked up embroidery so quickly that when I saw an ad for a kids' knitting class I knew she's be excited. So this weekend I took her to a knitting class, and managed to talk the teachers into teaching me along with her! My grandmother taught me how to crochet eons ago, but it's been so long since I tried I know next to nothing about how to do it.

As it happens, she's better at knitting than I am! Once again her nimble little fingers just moved right along, it would seem she's a natural. Her first project will eventually be a potholder. Her stitches look way better than mine! In fact I had to "un-knit" and start over several times. But check out her beautiful work! Way to go M!


No comments:

Post a Comment