Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Loving Fall!

Fall is absolutely my favorite season, and this past weekend Bill and I were so lucky to be blessed with beautiful weather, time alone together (hey that rhymes!), and a lovely nature preserve just five minutes away in which to enjoy God's gorgeous creations.

Now I know fall in Texas doesn't even begin to compare to the stunning leaf displays elsewhere in the country (especially since it's hard to call 75 degrees "fall"...as I am fond of saying, here in Texas we have two seasons: Hot and Not Hot). But nevertheless I think we saw some pretty awesomely beautiful leaf-changing!

I think you will appreciate the loveliness of these photos, so I am loathe to confess that while most of them were taken in the nature preserve, the final three in the series were taken, of all places, in the Kroger parking lot near our house. As a matter of fact Bill went inside Kroger to buy water while I was running all over the parking lot taking pictures...I actually had a cop pull up beside me and ask why I was taking pictures. I told him the trees were so pretty, and I just couldn't believe of all the gorgeous property on the nature preserve down the road, the prettiest trees in town are owned by Kroger! He laughed and drove off...fortunately I don't look much like a terrorist plotting to blow up  a Kroger, I guess!

Enjoy!



















2 comments:

  1. Wait, wait. He stopped to ask you why you were taking pictures of trees? Really? Have we honestly become that paranoid? *sigh*

    The pictures really are beautiful, though. And the cool weather has been soooooo nice. It's a shame it's going to get almost to 80 again on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, he sure did. I must have looked awfully "suspicious", teehee!

    Seriously, 80? UGH!

    ReplyDelete