Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Zero the Hero

Today I got to do something really cool at my stepson's school! The kindergarten teacher had put out a call at the beginning of school for volunteers to bring treats for "Zero the Hero", and I signed up for this week. This is a celebration they do every 10th day of school (up to 100) to teach about place value, counting by tens, etc. "Zero" mysteriously brings in a treat that is round, while the kids are not in the room. In the past, Zero has brought in pennies, balls, bracelets, and round candy.

I wanted to do something with a fall or Thanksgiving theme, and I wracked my brain for a long time trying to come up with something different and creative. Finally I thought of yo-yos (what kid doesn't love a yo-yo?) with autumn/fall stickers on them! Bill ever so graciously helped me peel off price stickers and put on pumpkins and leaves. Look how cute:

I hope the kids like this treat from "Zero"!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, that's an awesome idea! I love it! And I don't know any kids who dislike yo-yos.

    ReplyDelete