Monday, November 15, 2010

Autumn Leaves

I love fall! It's totally my favorite season. The only thing that irritates me about fall, is when retailers try to skip it altogether and rush us into Christmas. Case in point: last week I needed a fall-leaf cookie cutter to make this treat:
It's basically a pie-crust "sandwich" filled with melted peanut butter and chocolate chips, brushed with a sugar dusting. Delicious, and oh so cute!

But I had to go to THREE different crafts stores to find a leaf-shaped cookie cutter. The guy at Joann's flat out laughed at me when I asked where the Thanksgiving/autumn stuff was...he said "we put that away a week ago to make room for Christmas!". Never mind this was on NOVEMBER 9th! Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet and they've already put all the stuff away?! Unbelievable.

Fortunately the folks at Hobby Lobby are a little more level-headed and still have two whole rows of autumn/Thanksgiving stuff out. I found my cookie cutter, made my treats, and all was well in the world of Wendy. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment