Sunday, November 21, 2010

Meet the Members of Our Zoo: Snowball

I talk about my pets all the time; I figured it's about time I gave each one of them a chance to shine in the spotlight. Today's introduction: Snowball.

Snowball is a beautiful, sweet, energetic 5 year old black Labrador. Bill thinks her name is hilarious.

This dog is in some ways the craziest dog I've ever known...she is pathologically mentally ill when it comes to food. I really believe she really believes she is going to starve if she doesn't take every chance she can get to snatch food whenever an opportunity presents itself to her. If we don't practice preventative maintenance, she will steal from the trash, off the counters, and occasionally straight out of the childrens' hands if they are not paying attention.

But even though she's crazy she's also pretty much one of the sweetest dogs I've ever known; she wouldn't even hurt a fly (not intentionally, anyway). I love it when her ears perk up like she's listening really hard, we call those The Cute Lab Ears. She has the prettiest brown eyes and when you look into them you can practically read her mind. She's also very, very smart. Much smarter than Cloud.

She's a black Lab but Bill and I are convinced she's got more than just Lab in her, maybe some Golden Retriever, because her fur is much softer than a typical Labrador's coarse fur. She is soooo soft.

Snowball also loves to play! Her favorite toy right now is a big rope with a knot on the end. She swings it around like a mace and growls at it. She really gets into it:

She cracks me up! The girl can drive me crazy sometimes with her antics, but I really do adore that dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment