Monday, November 8, 2010

Mom vs. Stepmom: Introducing "Danetta"

"Danetta" is the last in the four-part series of moms on stepmoms.

Like "Wanda"  in Part 2, I really liked "Danetta". She seems very down to earth, very realistic, and really quite cool. I found myself thinking that even though she raves about how wonderful stepmom "Shelly" is,"Danetta" sounds pretty darn wonderful herself, and I wish she had more confidence in herself. "Shelly" sounds a little manufactured, a little too good to be true.

I agreed with the interviewer that the kids are lucky to have three such adults in their lives...but I also agreed with "Danetta" that the whole set-up is "kind of weird"...yes, it is kind of weird.

And what an interesting little tidbit at the end of "Danetta"'s dilemma on whether or not to tell the stepmom that her ex had cheated on her? Interesting. I'm not sure what I would do, in her shoes. 

1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing woman. They both sound like pretty amazing women.

    As for the dilemma, I wouldn't tell. I don't think it's her place to tell, and I think it could cause problems where there currently are none.

    ReplyDelete