Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mom vs. Stepmom: Introducing "Wanda"

As I posted yesterday, the Sacramento Examiner is doing a series of interviews with mothers, about their feelings towards their kids' stepmom. Yesterday's Ashley was a trainwreck of delusion. I am delighted to introduce you to today's interviewee, "Wanda".

What a great interview! She sounds like a fabulous mom. Even though she doesn't personally like the stepmom, it's clear she's able to set that aside and fake it for the sake of the kids. It's also clear that she's able to admit that even though she doesn't like her, the stepmom is good to her kids. "Wanda" seems very realistic and has her eyes wide open, and more importantly, her eyes on the ball: what's best for her kids. Bravo "Wanda'!

I've enjoyed this series, I'm looking forward to the next two.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's a woman I can respect. I have no doubt that it's hard for her to keep that facade of congeniality going all the time, but I know without a doubt that it's a million times easier for the children. Good for her that she truly does put the welfare of her children ahead of herself. There needs to be more Wandas in the world and fewer Ashleys.

    ReplyDelete