Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Flames

We have this weird little space next to our fireplace, it's a totally empty "box". I guess it's supposed to be a place to stack wood but we have a gas fireplace so that's kind of moot...the kids like to use for a "hideout" and oftentimes in the summer I'll find Snowball curled up inside (I think she likes the cool bricks).

I came across this stunning picture in a magazine and decided it would be the perfect display for that space:
(Original picture and article found here)

Bill and I aren't quite so ambitious as to do that many pumpkins, so I thought we'd start with three. It took quite a bit of patience and more than a few swear words!

Our end result didn't turn out quite as gorgeous as the magazine (of course), but I still think it looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment