Thursday, October 28, 2010

Freaky Food and Monstow Teeth

I absolutely LOVE this time of year: I get to combine two of my most favorite things, baking and weird food. Another plus is that my stepkids get a huge kick out of the crazy things coming out of our kitchen! Last night was monster/mummy night:

Monster Teeth

Pizza Mummies
Mummy Cupcakes


The monster teeth remind me of a funny story about my stepson L...about this time last year we had taken them to Going Bonkers, and in one of those claw-to-get-treats arcade games he won a pair of cheap plastic vampire fangs. He called them "monstow teeth", in his cute little speech impediment where his R's sound like W's. He thought those things were the BOMB...unfortunately he set them down on the table with a bunch of used napkins and I accidentally threw them away with the trash. 

When we figured out what happened and I confessed he cried like his little heart was broken, and I felt like DIRT. He talked about the monstow teeth for days....he even started saying all he wanted for Christmas was monstow teeth. We were busy so couldn't replace them right away, but I felt so bad that I finally went out and found some replacements at a Halloween store and gave them to him...you would have thought I gave that kid a million bucks!! His eyes lit up like Christmas morning, and even though he didn't actually wear them very much, he carried those things around like a prized treasure for the longest time. He is such a funny little kid, he's so darn cute sometimes I can hardly stand it!

Back to the freaky food: these monster teeth and mummies are also so cute I can hardly stand it! Tasty, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment