Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Barbie's Litter Box

I am always impressed with my stepkids' creativity and the interesting ways their minds work...here's a great example of the many ways they never fail to amuse me!

We recently added a new kitten to our family, and for now we have turned the kids' playroom into Nacho's Room, until he gets adjusted and everyone is used to him. He has his own food and water and tiny litter box in the corner of the playroom. The kids rarely spend time in there anyway, it's really just a storage place for all their crap...um, I mean toys, so it works out well.

My stepdaughter has a fabulous modern-glam Barbie dollhouse with all sorts of accoutrements and fine furnishings. Imagine my surprise the other day to be cleaning things up and find this:
Yes, folks, that is Barbie's toilet filled with kitty litter, for the little pet to use. Bwahahahaha! After I got done snorting and giggling, we had to have a talk about kids NEVER touching litter (she swore she did it the first day we had Nacho, before he ever used the box, that it was clean, but stillllll....that is nasty!).

But I still get a giggle every time I think about it. The connections their little brains make are just so interesting!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, at least she knew that the little pet needed a litter box! That's so darling.

    ReplyDelete