Friday, August 13, 2010

Adventures in Juicing: Wake Up Juice

So the first fancy juice that Bill and I decided to try from our fancy juicing recipe book is called "Wake Up Juice". It contains oranges, cantaloupe, and mint. Here is the author's description:

"A light and refreshing drink for a fresh start after a late night, packed with vitamin C. Melon juice is diuretic and rich in healing beta-carotene. The aromatic oils in mint aid and soothe the digestion and help to calm the nerves, while at the same time refreshing the breath."*

This was very good if you really like cantaloupe. I thought it was refreshing, sweet, and tasty, but I quickly tired of the strong cantaloupe flavor. I like cantaloupe alright but it's not my favorite fruit. I think I would have liked this more if I had used more mint or oranges.

One a 1-10 rating scale we both give it a 5.



*Super Juicer by Christine France (Love Food/Parragon Books), 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment