Monday, August 16, 2010

Adventures in Juicing: Bright Eyes

Today's juice is called "Bright Eyes." For this we used green tea, carrots, apples, and parsley. The author of our fancy juice recipe books writes:

"The carrots and parsley in this are packed with carotenoids to brighten the eyes and skin and help cleanse the liver. It's also full of antioxidants, which regulate blood pressure, lower cholesterol, and fight heart disease and cancer."*

I thought this tasted light, refreshing, and not too sweet, in a good way. I definitely tasted the tea, which I liked. It didn't taste "carroty" at all to me, which I had kind of expected. I liked this one quite a bit, Bill's only comment was "it wasn't bad." Heh.

He gives it a 4, I give it a 7.



*Super Juicer by Christine France (Love Food/Parragon Books), 2009

2 comments:

  1. the circus fabric is in..... have you been by to get yours? no juice anywhere on it..... but cute none the less,.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't been by but I definitely want to see it soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete