Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Adventures in Juicing: One For the Girls

Featured today is "One For The Girls." This juice is made of apples, carrots, celery, and fennel bulb. I had never known what a fennel bulb was before I made this! Here is what the author of our juice recipe book has to say:

"This super juice promotes female hormone balance and is a great treatment for PMS. It also has a calming effect on digestion, and is good for reducing bloating and flatulence."*

First of all, Bill would never have touched this if I had read the name or description to him first...oopsie, tee hee. I absolutely loathed this, I thought it was disgusting. I didn't know this, but fennel bulb is similar in taste and smell to black licorice, and and this tasted to me like carroty black licorice. Yuck. Bill didn't think it was as bad I did, but he wasn't overly impressed either. He'll probably be less impressed when he reads this. Heh. :)

I gave it a 1, Bill gave it a 5.



*Super Juicer by Christine France (Love Food/Parragon Books), 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment