Saturday, August 14, 2010

Adventures in Juicing: Rapid Recharge

The next juice on our to-try list is called "Rapid Recharge." It has zucchini, celery, baby spinach, alfalfa sprouts, and apples. Here is the author's description:

"This is a treasure trove of  B vitamins, iron, healing phytochemicals, calcium, and protein, plus fruit sugars for a quick energy boost. It regulates blood pressure, reduces fluid retention, and helps to strengthen tissues and bones."*

This one was definitely...interesting. It tasted strongly of alfalfa sprouts to me. Now I really like alfalfa sprouts on my salads, but drinking it? Eh, I wasn't all that impressed. It had a slight sweetness to it as well, I guess from the apples. Bill thought it was really good; he mentioned it had a refreshing aftertaste. He definitely wants to make it again.

I gave this one a 4 out of 10 and he gave it a 7.



*Super Juicer by Christine France (Love Food/Parragon Books), 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment