Sunday, August 15, 2010

Adventures in Juicing: Cucumber Cooler

Today's juice is called "Cucumber Cooler." It is made of cucumber, apples, and cilantro. The author describes it thus:

"Cucumber is high in water content so it's great for rehydrating and refreshing the system, and is a very good diuretic. Apples contain natural sugars for an energy lift. Cilantro promotes good digestion and can remove toxins. It also helps the circulation and is good for healthy eyesight."*

Bill and I have wildly differing opinions about this, probably due to the cilantro. I love the way cilantro smells but it just doesn't taste good to me; Bill on the other hand adores it. This juice is Bill's favorite so far, and probably my least favorite.

I give it a 3 out of 10, Bill gives it an 8.



*Super Juicer by Christine France (Love Food/Parragon Books), 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment