Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wrapping Paper


So, I had this brilliant idea (stolen from my SuperMom sister-in-law) that this year we would up the cuteness factor of our Christmas wrapping paper, by making our own. Specifically making our own out of my stepkids' hand-and-foot-prints in red and green paint, on plain brown paper. I've always marveled at how cute my nieces' prints were when I would receive gifts so wrapped from them.

I am in newfound awe of my sister-in-law. I thought, well, how hard can this be? I'll just lay down a painter's drop cloth, put the kids in paint clothes we don't care about, and let them have at it. We used washable paints and planned to just carry them to the tub as soon as the fun was over...

Yeah, pretty naive huh? Hahaha I laugh at myself now. I did just that, and the kids had a ball. I gave them two strips of paper to make pretty and then a strip just for them to do whatever "art" they wanted on. They really went nuts!

Despite the drop cloth, there is still green paint on my floor, red paint on my curtains (how did that happen?) and on the bottom of one of the socks I was wearing that day (how did I get paint on my sock, but not the floor?) and the "washable" paint didn't wash out of the towels we used.

Oh well, our wrapping paper was lovely and the grandparents all had a high level of appreciation for it!

I don't think we'll be doing this next year though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment