Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Turkey Cookies


I still have lots of crafts we did last fall that I need to post! Today's entry is a little outdated but I just have to show off these cute turkey cookies! This was so easy to do!

I only had a few glitches: I couldn't find anything appropriate to use as "eyes", and the directions I used said to "glue" on a red hot (with icing) for the turkey's nose/wattle....I had a lot of trouble getting the red hot to stay on, so decided to just skip that; instead I drew eyes and a smiley face with the orange gel icing. I didn't realize until they were done how, umm, inappropriate a grinning turkey might be :)

Another glitch was that the orange gel I used for the face and feet never hardened, so even hours later if you touched the orange it would smear. Still, I thought they turned out surprisingly adorable!

My stepkids took these to their mom's house after our own Thanksgiving celebration...I don't know if they were a hit or not, but they were so cute and fun to make we will probably do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment