Wednesday, January 6, 2010

White Christmas!


All my life I've hoped and dreamed for a white Christmas....since I live in Texas, it's been totally in vain. We are lucky if we get one good snow shower every winter, usually it just dumps ice without snow and makes us all miserable!

Imagine my surprise on Christmas Eve when I looked up to see large, fluffy, beautiful snow flakes coming down! They hadn't even predicted snow on the weather! I was sure they wouldn't stick, because they never do and it had been warm the days before. But after a few hours of steady snow, it did accumulate and turned out so beautiful!!

I had to take a few pictures for posterity. I still look at the pictures and awe at the beauty of it! Because it's a novelty, I'm sure...my northern friends are probably laughing their tushies off at my gushing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment