Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thanksgiving Placemats



In keeping with the Thanksgiving theme, today I'm posting pictures of the placemats I helped the kids make for their family members for Thanksgiving. These are just simple sheets of craft foam that I let them draw on with foam markers and decorate with stickers. They also dictated to me what they wanted to write about why they were thankful for each member. (The black splotches you see are their names blacked out).

I'm sorry the pictures aren't the best quality...we accidentally left ours at my in-laws', so I asked my mom to email me pictures of hers to post.

For my mom, their Mimi, L was thankful for all the buttons she keeps at her house for him to play with, and M was thankful because she made me (can I get an awwww?) :) Underneath that M drew a purple quilt, because my mom is a quilter. They are also thankful for my parents' dog Nellie.

For my dad, their Pakapurk (that's a long story), M was thankful for him getting splinters out (he's a retired doctor) and L was thankful for his banana pudding recipe. M did a great job drawing a stethoscope on his, but I'm not sure exactly what the brown things are that L drew.

I also helped them make mats for my in-laws, and for their mom and stepdad and stepsiblings. They all turned out really cute and we had a good time making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment