Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

It is an absolute understatement to say that I have so very much to be thankful for, every year, but especially this one. I have a lot of wonderful things in my life and have always enjoyed Thanksgiving, but this year it has special meaning, for the presence of my son.

Last year I was thankful for a healthy pregnancy that was nearing its end, and this year I am grateful beyond words for the miracle that is my little boy. I really can't even articulate it, my feelings are so powerful. I thought instead of even trying I would post something I should have posted last year. I was hugely pregnant and starting to be really uncomfortable, more than anything just ready to meet my son and see his sweet face. I was so happily surprised when my stepkids made the following posters for him--completely unprompted by anyone, this was ALL their idea, and it gave me an even deeper level of gratefulness, that they already loved their brother so much and he wasn't even born yet.




We are SO fortunate that we haven't had an ounce of jealousy or negativity about the addition of another child to our family. They genuinely love him. I can't even articulate how lucky I feel and how thankful I am for the blessing of all three of these children in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment