Monday, November 26, 2012

Birdy Nativity

So I've mentioned my mom's birthday before....this year's gift was soooo easy, not only to come up with, but also to make, because she loves birds (cardinals in particular) and she collects nativity scenes. I put my creativity hat on and came up with this:


My favorite part is one you can't even really see in the picture--I filled tiny glass jars with beads for the gifts from the wise men: one gold, one green, and one multi-colored. In fact that was the hardest part of this project, picking through the beads to find the green and gold ones.

You may notice the one big problem with this scene....both the cardinals are boys. I couldn't find any girl cardinals, I guess they're just not pretty enough :) This is probably totally sacrilegious, but we've been joking that these birds are Joseph and Gary :) Teehee.

I don't know how in the world I'm going to top this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment