Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Perfect Food

A couple of years ago I heard the recipe for this dip on the radio. I'm sure it probably has a name but I can't remember it. But the recipe itself was so simple that I've never forgotten the ingredients, and I make this regularly...it has always been a huge hit! People love this dip; it is truly delicious. Here's how to make it:

Brown 1 lb of Jimmy Dean HOT sausage and drain. Melt two blocks of cream cheese on low (be careful not to scorch) and dump in an entire undrained can of original Ro-tel. Mix together and serve hot with Tostito's Scoops chips.

Today as I was making this for a Super Bowl party I decided that if I am ever sent to a deserted island and have to choose one food item to live on forever, it just might be this.  It is, in fact, the perfect food! After all, it does have representatives from each of the four major food groups: meat (sausage), veggies (Ro-tel), grains (chips) and dairy (cream cheese). So not exactly the healthiest of items from each food group (although I do use fat-free cream cheese) but delicious nonetheless!

2 comments:

  1. I tried this and it was a big hit for my hubby. One kid did not like it first but eventually joined us and he even got the last dip lol. God bless your blending family.

    ReplyDelete