Friday, February 12, 2010

Lovely bit of irony...

Wow, how quickly things can change...today has been a wonderful day full of sunny moods until about 20 minutes ago when a series of unfortunate events conspired to bring stepmom reality crashing back down on my head.

To protect the guilty (myself included, we all had a part in what happened) I won't post the details but let's just say there have been plenty of tears, gnashing of teeth, and hurt feelings around here in the very recent past.

Last night when we were playing in the snow the kids made snowkids and Bill made a snowdad and a snowstepmom. I thought it terribly ironic when I awoke this morning to find that the snowstepmom had crashed to the ground and broken into pieces:
 

Yep, pretty much. 
They are out playing in the snow again and for a multitude of reasons (said series of unfortunate events) I am no longer interested in this. So instead I'm inside vacuuming and otherwise trying to keep this house clean. Cinderella, indeed. 

It's times like this when I feel like a maid in my own house (which I realize is of my choosing---I like to have a clean house, and accomplishing this with two small kids and four furry animals is no small feat!) that I know for certain that the Grimm Brothers, Disney, Perrault et al had it all completely backwards (she says with a wink). In my experience it's the stepmom who works like a scullery maid, not the poor benighted stepchildren. :)

By the way, that reminds me, I've been meaning to ask: local Facebook friends, does anyone have a recommendation for a good housekeeper who will a). come to Coppell and b). be willing to do battle with the ever-increasing amount of fur in my house? We have decided we really could use some help!

No comments:

Post a Comment