Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cuteness Overload!

I came across this adorable book in the library, Sock and Glove, and couldn't resist trying some of the projects described. These were so easy, the materials are relatively inexpensive (Home Depot sells a package of a dozen soft gloves for $5), and actually pretty enjoyable to make! I made three of them last night.

Since I couldn't find pink gloves for the pig, I bought a package of powder RIT dye and dyed a few of the work gloves pink. They came out the perfect shade!

The kids love them (M named hers Snowflake) and I too am falling in love with these little guys...I see a whole zoo of them in my future! Fortunately the book has instructions for a plethora of animals: dog, monkey, pig, sheep, cat, bear, zebra, panda, bunny, etc. What fun!

Both the pig and the dog were made solely from gloves. I haven't tried any of the sock animals yet but will soon. The best thing about the book is how easy it is to interpret the instructions!

 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I wish you could see them in person, they're even more adorable, and oh-so-soft! Who would have thought work gloves from Home Depot would be so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so dang cute I can hardly stand it! I think even my SD12 would love this!

    ReplyDelete