Sunday, January 13, 2013

Missing the Blitzy Boo

For nearly five years I lived with one of the coolest and most awesome person I know, a colleague named Ann. I can't say enough good about her--she was the perfect roommate for me as we are matched very well in personality and became very good friends. I still miss talking with her All The Time!

One of the best things about living with her (besides the constant conversation) was that we shared a zoo of animals (shocking, I know). Her chocolate lab Blitz, also known as The Boo, was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever know. She was Cloud's best friend--they adored each other. Blitzy passed away when she was 12 and it absolutely broke our hearts. I still miss her.

One of my favorite Blitz stories was how she would sometimes sneak out of the house, run around the neighborhood for a few minutes and do her business, then appear back at our front porch scratching on the door to come back in. She had a breathing problem which made her pant heavily and breathe really loudly at times. She also had rough patches on her elbows from laying on the the hardwood floors. One time she scared one of our neighbors so bad appearing on her back porch she called the police saying there is a rabid dog foaming at the mouth with open sores on her arms at my door! Poor Boo, that was so far from the truth!

Recently I found some pictures of Blitz on my computer and thought I'd share them here. It's been 7 years I think since she left us and I still miss her, as I'm sure Cloud does too. Cloud has never quite bonded with any other dog the way she did with Blitz. Love you Boo!




Callie loved Blitzy too---this picture was taken when Callie still had all four of her legs! She used to love to play with Boo's tail while she ate!



No comments:

Post a Comment