Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Pickin'!

Have I mentioned lately how much I looooooove blueberries? Seriously, I eat them every day. I would eat them with every meal if I could. I love them any way you prepare them. Thank goodness they are so healthy because otherwise I'd be in big trouble!

I'm so lucky to have a husband who not only puts up with my blueberry obsession (and resulting kitchen experiments, some of which don't go so well) but who also willingly and somewhat eagerly agrees several times each summer to go blueberry picking with me. We go to several local farms, including Blueberry Hill Farms in Edom and Baileys' Berry Patch in Sadler.

Last weekend was the best picking we've ever experienced! The berries were so sweet and ripe; the bushes were bursting so full that you could easily grab an entire handful of berries at once. It hardly took us any time at all to fill up two huge baskets. The weather was nice: cloudy, not too hot, and we had a nice breeze. We laughed at how lucky we were that literally the minute we closed the car doors to drive away, it started to pour buckets of rain. What luck!

Alas, our good luck didn't hold as we ended up stuck in 2 hours of diversion traffic through small east Texas towns due to a semi turning over on the highway. That was quite the frustrating adventure!

But look at the oodles and oodles of yummy blueberries we have! We've all been eating them like candy. I made some delicious blueberry cookies. I can't wait to try more recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment