Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Green Sesame Salad


Lately I've been into making unique "salads" that go farther than simple lettuce with the usual toppings. We've been experimenting with all sorts of yummy veggies; I must say I love summer fruit and vegetable season! One of our favorites is Healthy Garden Salad.

We tried a wonderful new one the other day: Green Sesame Salad. I found the recipe in a cookbook and modified it somewhat to our tastes. This was quite possibly one of the most delicious salads I've ever tasted! It might look a little funny and sound a little weird, but if you're trying to get in more healthful foods I highly recommend giving this a try! I think next time I am going to add some edamame.

Green Sesame Salad

4.5 oz fresh bean sprouts
6 celery sticks
1 large green bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
1.5 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

Chop pepper, cilantro, and celery. Rinse and drain bean sprouts thoroughly. Place sprouts, pepper, and celery into a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Toast the sesame seeds lightly in a toaster oven or on a cookie sheet under the oven broiler.

To make the dressing, combine lime juice, chili powder, sugar, salt, and cilantro in a small bowl and whisk together thoroughly. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss/stir well to mix. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment