Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I can't wait for Saturday...

So Bill and I (foolishly) volunteered to be in charge of the pie-throwing event at M's school festival this Friday. At the time I thought it would be fun and exciting and not a whole lot of work. Now that it's upon us I'm finding it much more stressful than I had imagined! Not that it's all that much work, per se, it's my own tendency to people-please that's getting in the way. They told us this was the most popular event last year and the biggest money-maker, so I feel enormous pressure to live up to that example, and make sure it is very successful! I've been worrying about this thing for weeks.

So far the hardest part was getting some of the teachers to be victims...um...I mean volunteers. Bill really rocked out on that task: he recruited 13! Woohoo! Next came posters to promote the event, and once again he saved the day by having the brilliant idea to place a picture of each victim in a pie tin and hang them in the cafeteria. What a hit!

Today I've been working on the shower curtain that will serve as the backdrop. The event is a Western county fair theme, so I've been going with "wanted" posters all along. I can thank my wonderful friend Stacie for helping me figure out the logistics of getting a wanted poster onto a shower curtain (let's just say it involved an old-school overhead projector, which in the days of SmartBoard technology are not that easy to come by anymore)!

It turned out much cuter than I had thought it would! I'm so pleased. Now if Friday would just get here and get over with, I'd be a happy camper....I'll be so glad when this is over!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment