Saturday, November 14, 2009

Speaking of penguins

My last blog post was about King Tut, both the real one and the virtual one. But what I would also like to say that I have developed a fascination with penguins, and have started "collecting" small figurines and such. I also love to watch the Penguin Cam from Sea World San Diego, home to the King Tut we made friends with on our honeymoon.

What I love about penguins is this: the daddy penguins take a surprisingly active role in the nurturing and raising of the babies. I'm no zoologist, but I think this level of involvement is pretty uncommon in the animal kingdom. Hearing about how daddy penguins sit on the baby penguin eggs and care for their young, reminds me of Bill. He is such a great daddy--it's one of the first things I noticed and found attractive about him. He has always been involved in the day-to-day-care of his kids and often goes above and beyond what's expected. I know a lot of good daddies, and I may be biased, but I think he's one of the best...much like the sweet penguin daddies who are so diligent in caring for their young.

No comments:

Post a Comment