Friday, July 10, 2009

First Post!

Yay, my new blog is just about ready! Now all it needs is some posts. I haven't posted to my old one in such a loooong time. I've been spending so much time lately trying to figure out my role as a stepmom, worrying about being a good stepmom, reading about being a stepmom, dreaming about being a stepmom (as in, literally having dreams), interacting with other stepmoms on the interwebs, blah blah blah I decided I need a place to direct all this angst! Thus, this new blog.

I plan on reviewing stepparenting books (I'm pretty sure I've read them all), lamenting the status of stepmoms in society and most especially in the fairytale/Disney cartel, posting stories of my experience, and presumably, boring most of you to tears. Tough!

For now I'm leaving my blog open to all readers and so I will only be using my stepkids' initials and won't post any pictures, but I may change my mind later.

So by way of introduction, for those readers who don't know me or my situation, my name is Wendy, I am 33 years old, and in January of this year I became stepmom to a little girl, M, who is 6 years old, and a little boy, L, who is 4 (oh, important detail: I don't have any kids of my own, beyond the fur kind, that is). It is an understatement to say the last 5 months have been a whirlwind of the life change that is Sudden Parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment